5 Jun 2006

spread the good vibe

it's been a while since i've updated my blog, which is very wrong and i am sorry. i've just been really, really busy, although this shouldn't be an excuse. anyway...

Bogdana tagged me (thanks, Bogdana) with something really nice some time ago, namely happy blogging for a better state of the blogosphere. Probably something which might have the same effect on people as those "you are beautiful" stickers and installations i wrote about in one of my previous posts. And the truth is that i've been thinking about it quite a lot.

And several things came to my mind. First, depression is the second widest-spread disease in the world, following hypertension. I'm not sure why that happens, although i'm aware of several highly social plausible causes. However, the child in me thinks that most people just refuse to believe in feeling happy. And lack practice in extracting the joy from small things.

"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."
"I dare say you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

That's how i am, always believing, and that's why i feel happy many, many times a day. Sometimes for no apparent reason. Sometimes cause i'm so passionate about this planning thing and what i do, that i don't care what it takes for me to finish a project and so on. Sometimes cause i just go about walking, visiting places and exhibitions, attending unconventional conferences or meetings, going to the theatre or to the circus and so on and they all seem so overwhelmingly helpful and challenging to my development. Sometimes cause i'm impressed by some people or by some things they say; sometimes just because i can afford to take time to listen to people and learn from them. Sometimes because i realise i can and do learn from every single thing i'm exposed to. Sometimes cause i find so much pleasure and excitement in watching movies, that i just feel i could spend a lifetime watching more and more movies. Sometimes because i remember pleasant moments, sometimes because i live pleasant moments. Or maybe it's just because i consider myself really lucky.

For example, on Saturday i watched Lost highway, and was really enthusiastic about David Bowie's "I'm deranged" as the perfect car-track, which i really wanted to listen to while driving. Well, on Saturday evening, after some great time with an old friend, there i was, helped by the weather and the road, and experiencing wonderful feelings, which i tried to suggest with this pic (u will please excuse its quality, though :) ). And i remembered how nice it felt some time ago, when i was in Poiana Brasov, and it was damn cold, but cosy, and we enjoyed some delicious hot wine and we ate kurtos kalacs (or whatever the name is) and we listened to romanian folk music and the atmosphere was just perfect.Then, on Sunday, Big Fish was a total delight, about which you can read on my movie blog, and i realised how well two quotes from this movie suit me:
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool." and "Now I may not have much, but I have more determination then any man you're likely to ever meet."

Therefore, I FEEL GREAT, and if these words can spread a good vibe in any way, i'd feel even greater. And i now realise how much i'd like to try and contribute to such a "well-being campaign" in the physical public space as well. Which reminds me about "Pay it forward" and its suggestive tagline: "Sometimes The Simplest Idea Can Make The Biggest Difference."

Well, enough silly mummbling from me. Anybody who wants to help spread this good vibe further on, please feel free to! Cris?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear some honest good cheer rather than hype! One of the good things about blogs is that you can begin to feel a sense of community just by reading.

diana said...

yes, and if you can do anything to pass some good cheer, and contribute somehow to a better sense, i think it's wonderful.

:) i'm really glad and thank you for wasting some time reading my silly considerations. and please, accept the tag, if you feel like it !

This is Dandu said...

i consider myself tagged. watch me! ;)